Adya Hotel Langkawi is a unique 4 star hotel that uses the Islamic concept and it is a perfect destination for travellers who are looking to relax in a traditional setting. The hotel has a total number of 207 spacious rooms and suites and all of them offers first class amenities that will make you feel comfortable day in and day out. Adya Hotel Langkawi is also situated in the center of the Kuah Town and it is just a short distance drive away from the airport and jetty terminal. It will only take around 30 minutes’ drive from the Langkawi International Airport to get to the hotel. The hotel is wholly owned by Permodalan Kedah Berhad.
All rooms come with a private bath with shower and a balcony that offers panoramic sea and town views. Besides that, they also come with air-conditioning systems with individual control panel, a LCD TV with satellite channels, cable channels and free in-house movies, free Wi-Fi internet access, bath amenities, coffee and tea maker, a mini bar, a writing desk, praying mat, lights control panel, safety deposit box, IDD phone, ironing facilities, hair dryer, complimentary bottled drinking water, and daily newspaper upon your request. The mini-bar is also filled with non-alcoholic contents that you can enjoy. However, there is no mention if you will be charged additionally for them or not.
As the Adya Hotel Langkawi is located at the heart of Kuah Town, the province’s commercial district, it is surrounded by many tourist attractions. For shoppers, there is the Shopping Complex Langkawi Parade and Duty Free shops located just a few minutes’ walk away from the Adya Hotel Langkawi. Furthermore, banks with ATMs, medical clinics and pharmacies are also within a short walking distance away from the hotel while the closest places of interest to the Adya Hotel Langkawi are Eagle Square, Lagenda Park, Kuah Night Market, and Al-Hana Mosque.
Nevertheless, you can access other places of interest on the island from the Adya Hotel Langkawi. Some of these places include Langkawi Cable Car, Underwater World Langkawi, Wildlife Park Langkawi, Mangrove Tour at Kilim, Mahsuri Mausoleum, Laman Padi or Rice Museum, 7 Wells Waterfall, Air Hangat Village, Mardi Agro Tech Park, Pulau Payar Marine Park and Chenang Beach through island hopping, one of the favourite activities that people do when they are in Langkawi.
Adya Hotel Langkawi also offers great facilities for their hotel guests to enjoy. Within the hotel, you can find facilities and amenities such as the 24 hours dining Jelapang Restaurant, prayer room or surau, gym and fitness centre, family swimming pool, children swimming pool, ladies swimming pool, a spa, convenience shop, foreign currency exchange services, airport transfer arrangement, executive floor if you are a guest staying in one of the suites, wake-up call services, 24 hours room service, free Wi-Fi internet access in public areas, business centre, concierge services, laundry services, dry cleaning services, pressing services, and safety deposit box services. You do not have to go hungry at night anymore because you will be able to get food and snacks from the Jelapang Restaurant at any time.
You can also request for connecting rooms and this subjects to the availability of the rooms. They even have wheelchair upon request and you can choose between smoking and non-smoking rooms. Furthermore, the hotel has a 24 hours security CCTV surveillance.
Adya Hotel Langkawi Reviews
Check out below for the list of pros and cons that the Adya Hotel Langkawi has to offer:
- Good location
- The hotel is clean and comfortable
- Nice balcony overlooking the sea with sunset views
- The ladies pool also comes with sea view
- Excellent swimming pools
- Friendly, helpful, cheerful and smiling staffs that are always ready to greet you
- Beautiful and modern Islamic concept hotel
- Excellent service from reception, concierge, restaurant staffs, and housekeeping
- Located nearby to Kuah Ferry Terminal and Langkawi International Airport
- There is a 24 hours Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) fast food restaurant across the road if you do not want to order for room service or dine at the 24 hours Jelapang Restaurant
- The room service is fast
- The free Breakfast is delicious and has quite a lot of varieties
- Affordable price and value for money
- Plenty of taxis outside the hotel
- Water pressure for shower is very good
- Delicious halal seafood restaurant nearby to the hotel
- Recommended for Muslims
- Safe and trustworthy hotel
- This is not a beach hotel
- Certain guests said that the food at Jelapang Restaurant is not good enough
- Some guests had a terrible check in experience
- Some guests found the room to be quite basic
- No furniture on the balcony
- Some guests experienced poor service from customer service staffs
- Extra beds will be charged RM100 per night according to some hotel guests
- Too many restrictions within the hotel if you are a not a Muslim and an example would be you will be asked to wear a shirt if you want to swim in the pool
- The hotel is located quite a distance from the city and it will take you around 35 to 60 minutes’ walk
- Some guests experienced mild racial discrimination at the Jelapang Restaurant during breakfast and dinner
- The fitness centre is not up to international standards and most of the equipment do not work