SKELDAR V-200 is an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle developed by a joint-venture between SAAB and UMS. With an unmatched monitor for all the time and real-time, the SKELDAR V-200 is ready for maritime operations.
While it is an open interface to both BMS and C41SR systems, it also compliant to the 4865 STANAG. As a result, the SKELDAR V-200 is easy to implement on any of the maritime vessels.
It is also a perfect unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) for both maritime and naval operations because it has double payload capability and has an advanced and sophisticated heavy fuel. This makes it ideal for civilian and military missions too.
By being high flexible and versatile, the SKELDAR V-200’s system is truly multi-role and perfect for a huge range of applications including reconnaissance, identification, electronic warfare, and target acquisition. In addition, several commercially off-the-shelf EO/IR, SAR, and EW sensors are also installed into the aerial vehicle.
SKELDAR V-200’s system is great for highly effective vertical take-off & landing (VTOL) and this makes it suitable for seaborne missions. With the help of multiple payload options along with great engineering, no other UAV can match the SKELDAR V-200 in Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) and search and rescue (SAR) roles.
Heavy Fuel Engine
When you are at the sea, you cannot afford to make any errors and mistakes because it can lead to severe consequences. Therefore, the SKELDAR V-200 comes with a heavy fuel engine, which makes it an ideal choice for navy commanders or maritime installations to use it as their chosen Unmanned Aerial Vehicle. This advanced and sophisticated heavy fuel engine also assists in additional landing and take-off in environments that do not allow conventional oils. The SKELDAR V-200 uses JP-8, a fuel based on kerosene and the NATO code for it is F-34.
All Terrain Capable
Due to its flexible rotary for Vertical Take-Off & Landing, the SKELDAR V-200 is also suitable for military and civilian missions ranging from oil exploration platforms, search and rescue operations to Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) in battlefields, border surveillance, and security patrols situations. Regardless it is on the land or sea, SKELDAR V-200 is one of the best VTOL in its class for its endurance.
The key features of SKELDAR V-200 are as the following:
- Multiple capabilities in land, civil, security, and maritime operations
- Multiple Payload Capacity and options including typical Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR), Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), Ground Moving Target Indication (GMTI) radar, and Laser Imaging Detection and Ranging (LIDAR)
- Easy deployment and there is no need for airfields
- Fully automated for Vertical Take-off and Landing
- Ready for maritime operations
- Advanced and sophisticated heavy fuel engine
- Easy to operate because of its point-and-fly and point-and-see principle
- Tethering Mode to support moving UCS or Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) control system
- Setup options by using single or dual operator
- Redundant critical components for flight safety
- Open interface to BMS and C4ISR system
- Compliant to the STANAG 4586, NATO Standardization Agreement 4586
Rotor diameter: 4.6 m (15 ft)
Airframe length: 4 m (13 ft)
Height: 1.3 m (4.2 ft)
Width: 1.2 m (4 ft)
MTOW:235 kg (518 lbs)
Data Link Range: 90 km (48,6 NM)
Max Airspeed: 140 km/h (75 kts)
Service Ceiling: 3000 m (9842 ft)
Payload capacity: Multiple
Endurance: 5 plus hours subject to size of fuel tank module and payload configuration
Fuel: Heavy Fuel (Jet A1, JP5, JP8)
Each of the SKELDAR V-200 comes with a standard configuration including the following:
- 2 x Air Vehicles
- Full Avionics System
- 1 x Ground Control Stations (GCS)
- Integrated Air Data Terminal (ADT)
- Redundant C2 and Encrypted Data Link
- Integrated Autopilot
- Flight Management Software
- Training Package
- Full Operations and Maintenance Manuals