The Danna Langkawi is yet another luxury 5 star resort after The Datai Langkawi. Just like most of the other luxury resorts on the Langkawi Island, The Danna Langkawi was built around sandy beaches, marina and lush tropical hills. This award winning resort situated in Telega Harbour Park embraces the colonial era architectural beauty. The Danna Langkawi is only located 11 kilometres away from the Langkawi International Airport and the Cenang Beach. It has also won the No.1 Hotel in Malaysia as voted by TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice for two years in a row from 2015 to 2017.
The Danna Langkawi Amazing Features
Below is a list of things that you can enjoy as a hotel guest of The Danna Langkawi:
- Daily breakfast for 2 people at The Planter’s Restaurant
- Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access in your room and all public areas within the resort with unlimited quota
- Complimentary daily credits of RM90 if you book directly on The Danna Langkawi official website
- Complimentary yoga lessons by an instructor who was trained in India
- You get to choose between a room with private balcony or a terrace with a view
- You will get to experience the signature The Danna Arrival and Poolside Experience
- The rooms and suites at The Danna Langkawi are substantially larger when compared to other hotels measuring at 60 square metre
The Danna Langkawi Special Promotions
The Danna Langkawi is currently running several special promotions on their official website. These special promotions are:
- Family Getaway
- Advance Purchase
- Stay More Pay Less
- Langkawi Short Vacation
- Book Now, Save and Get Value Added
- Suite 50
- SPA Indulgence
- Best Available Rate
For more information on each special promotion, check out The Danna Langkawi official website.
The Danna Langkawi Room Options
There are 8 different types of room options for you to choose from and they are:
- Grand Merchant
- Grand Viceroy
- Countess Suite
- Duchess Suite
- Royal Imperial Suite
The Danna Langkawi Facilities
The Danna Langkawi has the largest 3-tier infinity swimming pool on the Langkawi Island. This infinity edge pool has a children pool and an outdoor Jacuzzi included in it, making it a perfect getaway and relaxation trip for your family. The size of the pool is 51.2 x 15m and the shallowest area is 0.7 metre and the deepest area is 1.35 metre. The opening hours for the swimming pool are from 7 AM to 7 PM. In addition, there are other facilities within the resort and they are:
The Planter’s restaurant
This restaurant is said to be one of the finest restaurants found on the island and it offers gourmet delights that will tempt even the fussiest taste buds. It serves breakfast from 6.30 AM to 10.30 AM. It is not open for lunch and will only start to serve dinner from 6.30 PM to 11 PM. The dress code for it is smart casual.
Straits & Co.
Straits & Co. is a place where you can have British Malaysian cuisine and the traditional English afternoon tea. The interior of the restaurant is influenced by colonial British design and the opening hours are from 11 AM to 7 PM and the dress code is casual.
Located just next to the infinity pool, The Terrace is a sleek and swanky restaurant that offers modern dining with stunning views of the Andaman Sea. The chef comes from Italy and the all-time favourites here are handmade and wood fire Italian pizzas and other authentic Italian specialities. It opens for lunch from 12 PM to 5.30 PM and opens again for dinner from 6.30 PM to 11 PM. No specific dress code was mentioned for this restaurant on the official website.
Known as one of the classiest lounges on Langkawi Island, The Verendah is a cigar bar where you can enjoy cocktails in a colonial setting. The opening hours are from 5 PM to 1 AM and dress code is smart casual.
The Drawing Room
This is part of The Verendah and it carries around 200 different wine labels of top end brands in the world. The opening hours and dress code are the same as The Verendah.
The Danna SPA
Remember to ask the staffs here for their Happy Hour Specials and seasonal promotions. The opening hours are from 9 AM to 11 PM.
The Danna Fitness
This fitness centre is equipped with a wide range of the latest fitness equipment. The opening hours are from 6 AM to 9 PM.
Kiddies Club will help you to take care of your children while you relax and unwind. There is a playroom, games room and a movie room inside this Kiddies Club. Babysitting services are also available upon request. The opening hours are from 10 AM to 8 PM.
The Billiard Room and Games Room
You can play a game of billiard or a selection of popular board games in The Billiard Room. The opening hours are from 7 AM to 11 PM.
The Reading Room
This place offers a wide selection of novels and magazines for your reading pleasure while overlooking the marina and sea. The opening hours are also from 7 AM to 11 PM.
Straits & Co. Retail Shop
This is where you can shop for an interesting range of swim wear, clothes, handicrafts, ornaments, essentials, and even souvenirs from the hotel.
The Danna Langkawi Reviews
Read below for the list of pros and cons that The Danna Langkawi has to offer to you:
- Very beautiful British colonial style hotel
- Wonderful experience
- Housekeeping is first rate
- The staffs are genuinely warm, friendly, and helpful
- The attention to detail put in by the staffs are out of this world
- Spacious rooms with efficient air conditioning system
- The breakfast is sumptuous
- The Terrace is an excellent Italian restaurant
- Truly a magical experience
- Excellent service
- Amazing view overlooking the Andaman Sea
- Beautiful rooms
- A plethora of facilities
- Some guests claimed that is the only best place to stay in Langkawi
- Gorgeous rooms with many amenities
- Free flow of food, drinks, and ice cream from the pool bar during the day
- An ideal wedding venue
- A hotel guest complained that there was a lizard in the room
- Another hotel guest had food poisoning while staying here
- Limited breakfast choices