Hotel Grand Continental Langkawi is a hotel that is part of a famous hotel chain group, the Hotel Grand Continental. Blessed by its strategic and central location in the Kuah Town, the Hotel Grand Continental Langkawi offers the best of both worlds for business travellers and leisure travellers that are looking for a budget and yet decent destination hotel on the Langkawi Island. The hotel is surrounded by many department stores, duty free shops, restaurants, banks, cinemas, and many other attractions. The Hotel Grand Continental Langkawi is only 10 minutes away from the Kuah city center and other major area attractions on the island. For shoppers, the Langkawi Parade Shopping Mall is just located around 5 minutes’ walk away from the hotel.
The hotel is also easily accessible as the hotel guests only need to take a 10 minute ride from the Kuah Jetty to get to the hotel. If you are planning to fly in, it will only take you 20 minutes’ drive by car to get to the Hotel Grand Continental Langkawi from the Langkawi International Airport.
The Hotel Grand Continental Langkawi’s exterior features a traditional Malaysian theme and there is a total of 193 comfortable and spacious hotel rooms and suites for the hotel guests to choose from. Each room comes with air-conditioner, carpet, single or double beds, 21-inches TV, coffee and tea maker, refrigerator, hair dyer, work desk, IDD phone, alarm clock, baby cot, bathroom amenities, and free Wi-Fi internet access. There are also specially designed rooms for the handicapped people and non-smoking rooms’ option if you do not like the smell of cigarettes.
Available facilities within the Hotel Grand Continental Langkawi include courier, parcel and postal services, high-speed internet connection, conference room, seminar rooms, and banquet facilities for business travellers and customers. These meeting rooms can accommodate up to 400 people and they are all equipped with proper audio-visual and technical equipment for presentation purposes. For leisure travellers, there is a tour desk available for you to inquire and arrange for local tours, a swimming pool, laundry and pressing services, safety deposit boxes service, and Sri Dayang Coffee House that serves a selection of both international and local cuisine from the ala carte menu, daily buffet to their high-tea offerings. Additionally, the Hotel Grand Continental Langkawi also has a CCTV within its premises to keep the surroundings safe and secured.
Hotel Grand Continental Langkawi Reviews
Check out below for the pros and cons that the Hotel Grand Continental Langkawi has to offer:
- You can get a taxi easily within a short walking distance from the hotel due to its central location
- Tranquil and peaceful environment
- Affordable price for room rates and worth the price
- All the staffs from the front desk to chefs are friendly, pleasant, and helpful
- Rooms were clean and comfortable
- Bathtub with really hot water
- Delicious food at the Sri Dayang Coffee House
- Shopping available next to the hotel where you can buy liquor and cigarette at duty free prices
- Higher floor rooms come with sea view
- The hotel staffs can arrange for car and bus shuttle service for you
- Some hotels guest found the rooms to be dirty with smelly carpets
- Some guests said that the breakfast were terrible
- Limited choices and varieties for breakfast and should have an additional buffet breakfast menu
- Not much breakfast options for vegetarians
- Air-conditioner in the room is not cold enough and noisy at the same time
- Limited selection for TV channels
- Wi-Fi internet access will not work most of the time in your room and even if does, it will get disconnected frequently
- No lifeguard around the swimming pool
- Old looking interior that looks almost retro
- The hotel desperately needs a major renovation and refurbishment
- Disorganized hotel staffs and not attentive according to some of the hotel guests
- Certain guests said that it is not possible to make an international call even from the front desk
- Outdated door locks because the hotel still uses keys to open the door
- Last call for room service is at 11PM so you will not be able to order any food after that if you are hungry
- Limited parking spaces if you plan to drive to the hotel
- No airport transfer provided by the hotel if you are flying in
- Slow and time consuming check-in process for some hotel guests